The project consisted of a 2-story 47,500 SF former High School facility built in 1923. The renovation was designed to focus on fine arts programs including dance, theatre arts, music, art and gymnastics. Response to code and accessibility regulations required construction of an elevator, enclose the stairway, as well as, complete fire sprinkler system. An interior courtyard was renovated for use in conjunction with the fine arts programs. The project included a new kitchen / cafeteria with outdoor dining area. The library maintained its historical appearance and provided a new 1,000 SF computer lab. Sitework included a new parking lot for 75 vehicles and a bus route.
Received a Historical Award with Main Street Texas.